Blog Directory - Blogged

Thursday, April 15, 2010

 
All in the Family

Each year I enter Adam Cadre's Lyttle Lytton contest, which challenges entrants to write the worst possible introductory sentence to a novel in 30 words or less. I received honorable mentions in the 2007 and 2009 contests, which pleased me disproportionately. Well, my daughter entered this year, and she was won of the winners! Here is her entry:

"Once upon a time, there was a talking lamp whose lightbulb fell out and hit a person and the person got shocked and destroyed everything."

Megan Groppe

Cadre writes of her entry, "This is such an uncanny recreation of the way five-year-olds tell stories that I assume that the Axe Cop audience would buy up the entire first printing." Megan was actually six when she wrote this, not five, but close enough.

See here for the rest of the 2010 winners.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?