Blog Directory - Blogged

Sunday, June 12, 2011

 
Brimble's Mercantile Week 2 - Staircase



I was going to install the wallpaper and flooring this week, but the wallpaper didn't arrive yet so I moved on to the staircase. The staircase has no less than thirty eight (38) parts (see slideshow). The instructions were not very detailed, but the assembly went much smoother after I googled "staircase stringer."

The staircase has several tabs which are supposed to be inserted into the wall and floors to anchor it to the house. Ours came out a bit crooked, so the tabs didn't fit where they were supposed to. I considered junking the staircase altogether and replacing it with another cake display stand, but the girls wanted to keep the stairs. Bob figured out that we could simply cut off the tabs and rest the staircase against the walls, and few would know the difference. I will glue it in place after I install the flooring.

Up next (really!): wallpaper and flooring!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?