Blog Directory - Blogged

Saturday, April 17, 2010

 
Vintage Grumet

This is the first piece I ever printed. It's a ballpoint pen drawing of a woman picnicking under a tree. There is a lizard in the tree, with a long, curved tail.
I did this piece just after college. I thought it would be fun to try and print it, so I took the original to Kinkos and asked them reduce it to 5" x 7" and make 100 xerox copies on white resume paper. It actually worked quite well, and the whole print run cost less than $50. (There was a one time reduction charge of a dollar, I think, plus ten cents a copy, plus 30 cents a copy for the resume paper). I gave them out as Christmas presents that year framed in deep red cardboard mats.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?