Blog Directory - Blogged

Saturday, April 10, 2010

 
Another Purchase!

I went to the Manhattan Vintage Book & Ephemera Fair on Friday night with my friend Helen. I went to many of these shows when I was in my twenties, and I have already mentioned that our entire apartment is decorated with ephemera (old printed matter such as posters or postcards that were never meant to be preserved).

Well, we have a wonderful addition to our collection. Inside a large cardboard box that was crammed full of vintage magazines and advertisements, I managed to find an 8" x 10" signed colored pencil drawing by puppeteer Bil Baird. I know of Baird because when I was a young child, my aunt used to take my sister and I to the Bil Baird Marionette Theater on Barrow Street. I was thrilled to find the drawing, and the man who sold it to me was equally happy to sell it to someone who loves it.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?