Blog Directory - Blogged

Friday, November 06, 2009

 
Patches
I didn't have time to work on my First Amendment project last week because I was sewing patches onto my girls' Girl Scout uniforms. These patches are in theory iron-on, but I was cautioned by the troop leader that they fall off easily when ironed on. Also, we don't own an iron.

I should mention that the sewing was long overdue. The afternoon before the first Girl Scout meeting, I realized that I had forgotten to sew on the patches. Desperate and mildly ashamed, I stapled the patches to the vests. My older daughter was fine with this, but my younger daughter was silent and forlorn. I asked her what the problem was, and said "I'm embarrassed!" I assured her that the stapling was temporary, and promised that I would properly sew the patches in time for the next meeting. Which, in fact, I did.

So now, with clear conscience, I can return to my First Amendment project. In the mean time, please feel free to inspect my fine stitchery.











Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?