Blog Directory - Blogged

Saturday, January 05, 2008

 
Seurat Digestive System



I started working on my submission for the Museum of Bad Art. For this piece, I will draw the digestive system in four different artist styles. Why, you may ask? My inspiration was actually the knitted digestive system, which I wrote about as one of my holiday gift picks for 2007. I don’t know how to knit, but I can do the next best thing and make pastiches.

I drew the first digestive system in the style of Georges Seurat. I used colored pencil, not paint, but it looks basically the same (see detail). This one took over a month to do, which is far too long for a joke, but once I got started I had to finish. In retrospect, I should have used Matisse’s cutouts instead.

Comments:
Love your Knitted digestive system! I'd like to inquire about the possibility of using the image of your piece for a series of light hearted posters I am creating promoting the ACA (Obamacare) for artists at The Maine College of Art. Could you contact me via email?

Thanks,

S
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?