Blog Directory - Blogged

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

 
Magritte Digestive System


I drew the third digestive system in the style of Rene Magritte. I could have done the standard "Ceci n'est pas une gallbladder," but I didn't know the French word for "gallbladder," and I wanted to make it more subtle. I mislabeled the organs instead, much like Magritte did in his Key of Dreams series.

As it so happens, I used up my warm grey colored pencil about half way through the drawing, and had to switch pencils mid-background. The new pencil was a different brand, and was a slightly different shade of grey (see detail). This type of mistake would normally drive me insane, but since this is supposed to be bad art, the mistake was actually quite opportune. (You can't see it well in the photo, but it looks terrible in person.)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?