Blog Directory - Blogged

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

 
Hot Fuzz

I know I am late in coming to this, but the only way we see movies any more is through Netflix. We watched Hot Fuzz the other night, and I enjoyed it thoroughly! As you probably know already, this is a police action/comedy done by the same people as Shaun of the Dead. I liked the movie, especially the portrayal of the overzealous Neighborhood Watch, which reminded me somewhat of the PA at my daughter's school. To me, though, the most interesting part of the movie was the use of the The Kinks / The Village Green Preservation Society in the soundtrack. This was one of my favorite albums when I was in high school, and the songs fit beautifully with the movie.

If I ever have time, and right now I don't, I think it would be fun to illustrate the Village Green album as a poster. I would illustrate one song per square, in the same grid-style as my alphabet posters. Maybe I will start a music series when I am done with my Art and Grammar series.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?