Blog Directory - Blogged

Friday, November 03, 2006

 
Interjections, Please.

I am an artist, and I recently produced several alphabet posters. My most recent poster is called the ABC's of Onomatopoeia, where each letter corresponds with a sound (A is for Aieeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! B is for BAM, etc.). The onomatopoeia poster is the first installment of my Art and Grammar series.

I would like to illustrate an alphabet of interjections next. An interjection is defined as "an exclamation thrown in without grammatical connection (ah! ouch! well! indeed!)." Here is what I have so far:

A - A-ha!
B - Bravo!
C - Cheers, Cripes
D - D'oh!

I would greatly appreciate your help in completing this alphabet. Please post your interjections. (Keep it clean, please - this is for a kids poster. Sort of.)

Thanks!

Comments:
E: Eegad! or Eureka!
 
ahem
blymie
enh
oye
zoinks
 
Ut!
 
M is for MONKEY FUCKER!
 
W is for WONK!

V is for Viva la Revolution!

Z is for Zonk!
 
f = Fudge!
g = Gadzooks!
h = Hrumph!
i = Ick!
j = Jumpin' Jehosephat!
 
Sufferin' Succotash.

http://www.deeperwants.com/cul1/homeworlds/journal/archives/000766.html
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?